We love celebrating Mother’s Day and some of the most important women in our lives. This year we rounded up some creative, sustainable, local and fun gift ideas to help get your ideas flowing on what to get mom this year.
For the Jewelry-Loving Mom
1. A piece from Franky Rose - This wild and free spirited jewelry brand Franky Rose features dainty, boho-chic pieces inspired by Canada’s west coast. All their clay pieces are handmade in Okanagan Valley, British Columbia.
2. Customized Necklace from Tiny Zen Memory - We absolutely adore these limited edition, Mother’s Day gift boxes put together by this thoughtful jewelry brand Tiny Zen Memory. Get mom a personalized “Mama” necklace or put together a custom necklace with their many personalization options!
3. Pearly Headband from Cosabella Accessories - For the mama who likes a good pearly piece, Cosabella Accessories has the cutest pearl headbands and accessories! Best of all, they are based locally in Vaughan, Ontario.
For the Mom Who Loves to Relax
1. Rose Quartz Facial Roller - Take the spa to mom with this rose face roller that helps to reduce puffiness, reduce facial tension and promote elasticity and firmness on skin and wrinkles.
3. A locally made soy candle - These fragrant, stylish, long lasting candles from Whitewater Candle Co. are not only earth-friendly but also made locally in Beachburg, Ontario. Made with pure soybean wax and an all natural fibre wick, these candles talk comfort meeting sustainability!
4. A beautiful way to bathe - A little something from Bridlewood Soaps is a true must-have in every Canadian’s home. Their beautiful lines of natural soaps, linen sprays, bath bombs, bath salts and more are just a few good smelling things from this brand based locally in Orangeville, Ontario.
5. Upgrade her bedroom - Help mom get an upgrade to her sleep routine with our ultra-luxurious bedding and sheets sets made with a 400-thread count, 100% viscose from bamboo fabrication.
For the Mom-To-Be
1. Organic Baby Cream - We love the ethos behind Tierra & Lava, a Guatamalan-made, certified fair trade line of natural skin care products. Treat the mum-to-be with some soothing, all-natural ointments for her future baby.
3. Baby Oil Gift Set from Baby Mori- This beautiful line of organic baby products Baby Mori screams cuteness meeting sustainability! We love this stretch mark oil gift set they put together exclusively for Mother’s Day.
For the Mom Who Loves to Cook
1. Recipe Cards from Rifle Paper Co. - Help mom to organize and document all her prize-winning recipes with these classic floral recipe cards by Rifle Paper Co.
2. Chic and sustainable grocery bags - Encourage mom to save the use of plastic grocery bags when she’s at the supermarket with these re-usable, earth-friendly produce bags. We love Canadian brand The Better Farm Co.’s initiatives to green your kitchen and say no to plastic!
3. Terrera Cooler Basket - Going out for a picnic, or delivering a meal to an elderly? Our most-loved Cooler Basket is your all-purpose, lightweight and sustainable cooler that keeps your food hot or cold for the trip.
4. A Plant-Dyed Apron - We love this sustainable kitchen line Full Circle Home who use eco-friendly materials like bamboo, recycled aluminum and recycled plastic to create their kitchen goods and utensils. We especially love this cute organic cotton, plant-dyed apron!
For the Fitness Mom
3. Drop Bottle - If mom hasn’t yet tapped into the detox water trends, now’s the time! Gift her the gift of hydration with this fashionable bottle made for infusing your H2O with some fruit!
For the Gardening Mom