Halloween is just around the corner and you are probably racking your brain on what to do for your costume! If you’re out of ideas and out of a budget we have some affordable, sustainable, and easy-to-make costumes that you can whip up in no time.
Earth to all plant-lovers! Dress up as a good old cactus this year with these simple costume elements!
- Choose a green top and bottom, or a green jumpsuit as your base layer
- Create some yarn loops and safety pin them on to your base layer to create an effect of cactus spikes
- Get some fake (or real) flowers and glue gun them to a headband!
- Find a pair of green heels or shoes to complete the look
This one will make you hungry. Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? Here’s how to create the look:
- Opt for a brown base layer (dress, top, bottom, jumpsuit, sweater). Our Jenny Split Neck Sweater in Caramel is the perfect thing!
- Pair with nude coloured heels
- Cut squares out of black construction paper to act as the chocolate chips
- Glue gun a small empty milk carton to a headband as your headpiece
- Go for a smokey eyed makeup look!
Disney lovers - this one is for you. Here’s a sustainable take on a classic snow white costume
- Find a blue shirt and a yellow skirt as the staple elements for your base layer. (Our Melody Long Sleeve Tee in Ink is a great sustainable option)
- Use a red ribbon as a belt if you don’t have a red belt
- Create a red bow headband with some hot glue, a headband and a red bow
- Top the look with a pair of yellow heels and a wicker basket!
Another classic look to go for is little red riding hood!
- Pair our Dakota Hooded Poncho (or another red poncho) with a Red Skirt or leggings, a picnic basket, some black strap shoes and white ankle socks!
If you can’t find some of these in your closet, opt to go to a thrift store to find your missing pieces.
Happy Halloween everyone! We hope you got some fun and sustainable costume ideas out of this read!