APPLICATIONS FOR EARTH AWARD 2023 ARE NOW CLOSED! Thank you to all who applied. We encourage all to apply again next April, 2024.
Every year, as we welcome the season of spring, we open up the application process for our Earth Award grant. This annual award highlights Canadian women in the community who are working on outstanding projects and initiatives. These contributions could include, but are not limited to, local community development, women’s empowerment, poverty relief, humanitarian/refugee aid, or environmental sustainability.
Each year, Terrera supports the winner with a $1000 grant for a community initiative project, social enterprise or business that is making a positive impact in our world! Read more about our Earth Award here.
There are a few requirements to apply to our Earth Award.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be a woman
- Must be a permanent resident in Canada
- Must be contributing to the community and/or environment in a positive way (e.g., local community development, women’s empowerment, poverty relief, humanitarian/refugee aid, or environmental sustainability)
If this sounds like you, or someone you know, apply now or share this blog with someone you know and invite them to apply by July 1st, 2023! Steps for applying are outlined below.
How to apply:
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “2023 Terrera Earth Award Application: 'YOUR NAME'” and include the following information within the email:
- Your full name and email address
- Your location (City, Province)
- Tell us your story (approximately 500 words or less)
- How did your initiative, project, or organization get started?
- What inspired you to work on this project?
- How will this grant further your goals? (Be specific! How will you use the funds? Is there a launch date/time?)
- Are you receiving any external funding or awards for this project? Please list the source and the amount.
- How did you hear about the Terrera Earth Award?
- Attach your resume detailing past achievements, work, and volunteer/relevant projects.
- Attach a picture(s) of yourself engaged in your project.
Submission Deadline: July 1st, 2023. Please see below for eligibility details.
**PLEASE READ | ELIGIBILITY DETAILS**
**You must answer all questions above to be entered for consideration. Eligible projects include: a new/existing business, non-profit organization, social enterprise, charity, event, or a community project. Finalists may be contacted for more information on their applications. Contestants must be 18+ years of age, and a resident of Canada. Terrera reserves the right to refuse incomplete applications. One final candidate will be selected for the grant after July 1st, 2023. By applying, you allow us to share your work and photo(s) on our website and social media channels. Finalists or award recipients may be contacted for further opportunities and updates.**